- part of VICE tradition – does christmas ad parodies every year!
- –> future inspiration from existing christmas ad themes?
- set dressing and design with other assistant and Set Dresser, creating homey christmas scene
- checking continuity of props and set between scenes
- making and changing hero book prop covers, props assistant for bat/book during takes
- stand in for actors whilst blocking scenes and dressing set details
- first experience of being on an ‘official’ shooting set, loved atmosphere and energy of everyone on their toes, enthusiastic to be there and shoot scenes
- production problems are inevitable even when planned to the finest detail – props van carrying all main props was over an hour late, location chosen was not ideal for scene being shot, too many/too few props and materials available, had to improvise with available materials
- shoot can change in a split second depending on what director wants: props modified, blocking of actors completely changed, locations and placings changed
- everyone knows their role and carries it out, eg. lighting crew but is always willing to help out other departments if needed, 1st AD/DOP very hands-on in fixing costume, makeup and set dressing details, helping out actors with movements