<– selfie with George Bladgen: playing lead character in play
- MARVIN GAYE song used!
- THE SONG OF US – fictional song created to inspire entire play, was so realistic I thought was based on real song until I googled and realised it didnt exist!
- revolutionary ‘protest songs’ of the 70s – recurring theme throughout
- AUTHENTICIty: artists intellectual rights, is it still your song if you didnt write it
- COLLECTIVE US-NESS VS INDIVIDUALITY: very topical theme regarding US election and Trump’s exclusive policies
- was not expecting to get so invested in characters, really enjoyed live songs being incorporated into play and deeper, universally relevant themes being discussed and explored