- initial structure process: was similar to white card model but used kappa line foamboard to build up walls = much easier to build up structure
- texturing bricks with wire brush – very effective, have never used this method before
- visualisation of 3D space: was very helpful to hold pieces in place to get a 3D view of surfaces together
- constructing furniture: found cereal box card as a substitute for stencil card, mountboard works very well to build up texture
- trial and experimentation of different paint textures for bricks
- printing wallpaper on tissue paper: surprisingly effective, looks quite convincing
- building textures and visuals of walls: brickwork took many coats to get a 3D effect, but drybrushing really helped it looks more realistic
final assembly of parts: building basic structure first then set decoration to ensure no over or under-dressing of set.