- had a very long day discussing which to choose as a group, could not really decide on one we were all set on, talked in circles a lot because of people not expressing ideas or opinions
- –> must learn to work together effectively, need to figure out how to guide each other to achieve what needs to be done
- solution: combining different fables together for characters and story
- characters come from ‘the bee and the spider’ and ‘the dove and the crow’
The Bee and The Spider
A Bee and Spider argued which was the better artist. The Spider touted its web. The Bee touted its comb. Each argued against the other. Nobody won.
“The value of art is often estimated by its use.”
The Dove and the Crow
A Dove shut up in a cage was boasting of the large number of the young ones which she had hatched.
A Crow, hearing her, said: “My good friend, cease from this unreasonable boasting. The larger the number of your family, the greater your cause of sorrow, in seeing them shut up in this prison-house.”
“To enjoy our blessings we must have freedom.”
–> combined to make ‘doobee’ and ‘crowder’ hybrids –> placed into story of ‘lion and the mouse’
“Little friends may prove to be great friends.
Good things come in small packages.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
- REFLECTION: solved our creative roadblock, group was interested in developing concept
- took a lot of brainpower and frustration to get to initial concept, should keep developing visually now to solidify and flesh out idea