- fashion exhibit very helpful in providing specific references and examples
- good references for art deco posters and graphics, certain furniture, textiles and home objects, though didn’t make distinction clear between high/working class
- other museum visits needed for better understanding of ways of life during period
Benny Lam – Hong Kong photographer, Subdivided Flats series, 2012
- was the first time I have seen hong kong artists being exhibited in london museums, was incredibly proud and pleasantly surprised!
- familiar with this series, was very popular in hong kong and brought to light the important issue of housing in overcrowded hk
- incredibly powerful pictures that capture the feeling and lifestyle of living in such small rooms, from first hand experience of hk